Katadyn Desalinators

For Specs. on all Katadyn Watermakers click here https://www.katadyngroup.com/us/en/brands/Katadyn~b4906/overview/listing?solutionCategories[]=5191&solutions[]=5130

The World’s Smallest Electric Watermaker

Article No. : 8013438

KATADYN POWERSURVIVOR 40E – The world‘s smallest electric watermaker
Technology: Reverse osmosis
Salt Rejection: 98.4% on average (96% minimum). The
desalination degree depends on factors such as
water temperature and salinity.
Flow: 5.7 l/h +/- 15%
Weight: 11.3 kg
Dimensions: 15.2 H x 44.5 L x 40.5 B cm
Current: 12 Volt DC / 4 amp
Material: Stainless steel, plastics. Membrane approved by
the US FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
Article No.: 8013438

• Device for greatest convenience with unbeatable advantages
• Can be operated both electrically and manually.
• Ideal for boats up to approx. 13 metres or one to four people.
• Compact and highly durable product which has been put to the test by, e.g., ocean sailors.
• Optimum pump frequency in manual operation: 30 pumps per minute.
• Makes boat owners independent of water stations on the coast.
• Covers entire daily water requirement (drinking, cleaning etc.) of 4 people at an operating time of 4 to 5 hours.
• Minimum and compact dimensions > does not waste a cm2 of space.
• Produces 5.7 liters of water per hour > brings comfort on board and
covers the entire daily water requirement of 4 people.
• High energy efficiency > low current consumption.
• Not an oversized system > because fresh water can be produced any time,
no large tank is required > lower risk of germs reforming + higher useful life of
membrane than with large systems.
• Can be operated manually > not dependent on electricity in an emergency.
• Runs smoothly > does not disturb the enjoyment of being at sea.
• Tough design > easy to maintain.
• Does not require additional pump or reserve cleaning systems
• Very user-friendly design > simple to install, operate and maintain
• Grease-lubricated eccentric drive > no risk of leakage; easy maintenance for user.
Oil-lubricated eccentric drives can be retroffited easily with the new drive.

A desalinator which covers
all water requirements on
board in a low maintenance
and intelligent way. Ideal for
1to 4 people or (sailing)
boats up to 13 meters.

KATADYN POWERSURVIVOR 40E – The world‘s smallest electric watermaker
Katadyn Products Inc. I Pfäffikerstrasse 37 I 8310 Kemptthal I Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 839 21 11 Fax: +41 44 839 21 99
info@katadyn.ch I http://www.katadyn.com
Subject to changes
Version: 24.09.20

To remove dissolved salts from seawater with reverse osmosis, part of the salt water is filtered through a semipermeable
membrane. Only 10% of the water passes through the membrane. The remaining 90% flow past the membrane and at the
same time cleans the membrane (self-cleaning effect). The small size of the “membrane pores“ ensures extremely pure drinking
water, but extremely high pressures must be generated – normally 55 bar.
Reverse osmosis is used worldwide to obtain drinking water, e.g. in the semi-conductor industry and in medicine.

The Spectra Energy Recovery system takes advantage of stored energy in the high pressure reject water that is typically
wasted. The pressurized reject water is recirculated to the back side of the piston to aid the next stroke. This energy is kept in
the system, resulting in less work to achieve fresh water.

Battery with at least 60Ah/12 V. The PowerSurvivor can be connected to existing sea valves. Appropriate adapters are

Silt Reduction Kit:
For waters with high levels of suspended matter, e.g. in shallow anchorage, we would recommend you use an additional
prefilter. This additional filter is finer (5 microns – 1 micron = 0.001 mm) than the standard filter (30 microns) and is placed
after it. A booster water pump (12V/0.8 A/h) is also provided. This pump compensates for the loss through the second filter
and increases water production. We would also recommend the prefilter kit when the PowerSurvivor is not installed under the
water line and when it is in constant use to increase the intervals between serv